SICILY POST TRIP
February 8-13, 2020
$1,622 Double Occupancy (estimate)
Day 1: Chamonix/Milan/Palermo
Transfer by coach from Chamonix to Milan. Flight between Milan & Palermo, Sicily on Easy Jet. Arrival in Palermo airport and transfer by private coach to the hotel. Overnight.
Day 2: Palermo - Monreale - Palermo
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning departure to Monreale for the visit of its splendid Cathedral covered of golden mosaics, the most extended in the world after Santa Sofia in Istanbul and San Marco in Venice. Visit of the next Benedictine Cloister. At the end, return to Palermo for the visit of the Palatine Chapel, located inside the Normanni Palace, the ancient real palace, and the Cathedral. We will follow along Corso Vittorio Emanuele, the ancient “cassaro”, straight down to the Quattro Canti, focus point of the city. Free time for lunch. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Palermo – Segesta – Erice – Selinunte – Agrigento
Breakfast at hotel and departure to Segesta: Visit of the Doric Temple. Then continue to Erice, a small medieval town perched on top of the mountain. Time for leisure to stroll and visit of the beautiful "Chiesa Madre", the gothic cathedral. Continue to a local farmhouse where you will have an Olive oil tasting and lunch. After lunch departure to Selinunte: guided tour of the archaeological zone. Overnight at the hotel in Agrigento. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Agrigento – Piazza Armerina – Palermo
Breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast, we visit the famous Valley of Temples of Agrigento, which was one of the greatest cities of the ancient Mediterranean world, it has been preserved in an exceptionally intact condition. The archaeological Park contains one of the great treasures of Greek still existing. The Doric temples, built in tuff sandstone, are still worth seeing today. The colour of the temples changes from deep yellow to pink during sunset. The ‘’Valley of the Temples’’ is a World Heritage Site (UNESCO) since 1997. Departure to Piazza Armerina. Lunch in a local farmhouse with typical products. After lunch, visit the marvellous Villa Romana del Casale (UNESCO heritage) with its perfectly preserved mosaics dating from the late fourth century. A.D. The charm of the place is mainly due to the enchanting decorative mosaics, exceptional in their artistic quality and for their sheer size. Proceed to Palermo. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 5: Palermo – Cefalù – Palermo
Breakfast at the Hotel. Departure to Cefalù, an enchanting small village on the sea that offers a beautiful artistic view of colours and lights. Visit of the impressive "Norman Cathedral” (UNESCO heritage) which dates back to 1131. Free time to stroll among the small streets, which retain their medieval charm, full of elegant shops and jewellers. Return to Palermo. Tonight enjoy a Farewell Dinner at a local Restaurant. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 6: Palermo
Breakfast at the hotel and transfer to Palermo airport for departure flight to USA via Rome or Milan.
TOUR PRICES INCLUDE:
* Air between Milan and Palermo on Easy Jet.
* All features of above itinerary.
* 4 night’s accommodations in Palermo.
* 1 night accommodations in Agrigento.
* All 4 star hotels. (Garibaldi in Palermo & Kaos in Agrigento) (or similar)
* Breakfast daily at the hotels.
* English speaking tour guide for entire program.
* Entrance fees.
* Local city taxes.
* Transportation in 50 seater bus with A/C.
* Olive Oil tasting and lunch in a local farmhouse in Selinunte Area (beverage not included)
* Lunch in a local farmhouse with typical products in Piazza Armerina Area (beverage not included)
* English speaking local Guide in Palermo & Monreale HD (max 4h), Selinunte Archeological Area,
Agrigento Valley of Temples, Piazza Armerina Villa Romana del Casale.
* Porterage of 1 piece of luggage per person at hotels.
* Tips for Driver and guide.
* Dinner at hotel in Agrigento.
* Farewell dinner in Palermo with ½ liter wine per person.
* Flight between Palermo and Rome via Alitalia with return home from Rome on Delta/KLM.